Dear Friends and Neighbors,
During this elevated time of concern over COVID-19, please be assured that Network is taking all necessary precautions to keep its environment clean and safe for staff, clients, volunteers, and other visitors.
We will continue to carry out our mission while modifying our service delivery methods so that this safety can be maintained. To that end, I am providing the list below of changes to our services which will be in effect as of Monday, March 16th. I will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- Volunteers will continue to provide food and utilities service to all clients; however, clients will not be entering our building to minimize exposure and decrease the risk of disease transmission. All client food distributions will be picked up from our loading dock. There will be no clothing distribution during this time.
- All appointments will be made over the phone. Utility assistance & certification appointments will take place over the phone with clients providing required documentation via fax or email.
- Those who do not have a food appointment will receive an emergency food box containing basic necessities from the back dock. No “Network Dollars” are required.
- Our Mobile pantry will halt Farmer’s Market style distribution and only distribute pre-packaged food boxes.
- Educational Auxiliary programs (except GED) that operate on site as well as our clothing closet will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
Volunteers and financial resources are our top needs. Many of our more vulnerable volunteers are temporarily on leave from Network during this time. This shortage, as well as the extra phone work and additional shopping and bagging of food items, calls for more daily volunteers than were previously needed at Network. In addition, an uptick in Network’s need for hygiene and cleaning supplies, packing boxes, and most importantly food for our pantry (as retailer’s supplies fall) result in additional unanticipated expenditures. Your support of time and financial resources during this time will be appreciated.
Thank you for partnering with us to serve our neighbors in need. I am deeply grateful for your support and offer wishes of health and well- being for each of you.
President & CEO