Existing barriers to onsite food pantry visits are related to several factors including the stigma of coming to a “food assistance program” and work schedules which do not coincide with Network Pantry hours. To help provide a solution to these barriers, Network launched the Mobile Food Pantry partnering with Richardson ISD in Fall 2019.
- The Mobile Pantry Program initially focused on 4 high needs RISD schools providing food on a monthly basis for qualifying students and their families.
- In August 2020, Network increased Mobile pantry visits to 4 schools per week within RISD to reach families who are still struggling due to the pandemic and other economic hardships.
- Thanks to a grant from North Texas Food Bank, we will soon be purchasing a 2nd Mobile Food truck and are exploring partnerships with daycare and preschool locations, apartment complexes and other community organizations.
How You Can Help!!
1. Donate to help us cover monthly operating costs for the Mobile Food Pantry Program.
2. Volunteer! Click here to learn how you can become a Mobile Food Pantry volunteer.
Our Service Area